06 August, 2015

My first Age of Sigmar model: Stormcast Procecutor

Alright - radio silence over. I have bought the Age of Sigmar box. And I really enjoyed getting the box in my hands, looking at the artwork, and feeling the weight of the content. I loved opening the box and admiring the sprues, and felt quite excited going through the rules and background. I am all-in on this IP-reboot. I loved the old World, but this direction looks really promising! So, over a few evening I have built and painted my first Age of Sigmar model; a Stormcast Eternals Procecutor:


Great model. Fun to paint and very crisp. I was trying to do a really ancient-looking gold on the armour revisiting my metallic technique from around 2002-2005 and then cutting corners on other parts such as belt details and the scrolls. The parchments are acually just washed over the white primer and then finished with edge-highlight. The base was done using the process from my Eldar Army. However, the warm hue of these bases might be a bit too much for this style of metallics. Oh well, first model done. On to the next.

I am not sure if I want to do and army. Yet. First I feel like trying out a few colour schemes, before committing for the whole army. Then I want the army...

7 comments:

  1. Classic weatherbeaten JRN-gold. Beautiful! The checkered shoulderplate is a great reference to Oldhammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so inspired.
    Really good looking, and as always incredible how good you can make it look, even when you cut corners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the models, but find they're a bit to clean and nice for what I like about warhammer/Age of Sigmar. I like the way you've done it though. Some what grungy but still 'angels'.

    I would be interested in seeing someone 'blanche' then up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete